This is part of a series I call random recordings. You can learn more here: https://anthonymontalbano.com/random-recordings-1/
The following recordings are for October 2017:
- Humans are in danger of losing economic value because intelligence decoupled from unconsciousness.
- The greatest truths in life are usually the most unpleasant to hear.
- Don’t hope for a life without plans, instead hope for a life full of good problems.
- To be happy we need something to solve, therefore, happiness is some form of action.
- Are struggles determine our successes.
- When we learn something we don’t go from wrong to right, we go from wrong to slightly less wrong.
- The more something threatens your identity the more you will avoid it.
- Are most radical changes in perspective often happen at the tail end of our worst moments.
- Absolute freedom by itself means nothing.
- Travel is a fantastic self-development tool because it extricates you from the values of your culture and shows you that another society can live with entirely different values and still function and not hate themselves.
- It’s not our experiences that form us, but the ways in which we respond to them.
- The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.
- Please stop waiting for a map. We reward those that draw maps, not follow them.
- Boundaries are often in your head, not in the system.
- Doing something doesn’t mean it’s going to be right, doing something means you’re taking action.
- “This might not work” isn’t merely something to be tolerated, it’s something you should seek out.
- If you don’t ship, you haven’t actually started anything at all.
- Be the one who starts things.